Wired broadband consumes a lot of space and its not portable. These problems can be avoided by using 3G Data cards (USB modems). These data cards are wireless and portable. Since these data cards are equipped with 3G (third Generation ) , it provides better speeds enabling faster downloads, better multimedia experience and many more benefits such as Live TV ,Video Conferencing etc.
Airtel 3G Data card Models and Prices :
Airtel offers two different 3G USB modem models . They offer good data speeds at reasonable tariffs. Both postpaid and prepaid payment options are available for these models.
1. E153 offers a speed of (3.6 Mbps Speed) at the price of Rs. 2099/-
2. E1731 offers a speed of (7.2 Mbps Speed) at the price of Rs.2499/-
Airtel 3G Data Card E1731 Specifications:
Model E1731 has 2.0 high speed USB compatible with almost all popular operating systems.
• Speed of the Device: HSDPA 7.2Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps
• Chipset model : qualcomm MSM6290
• Also compatible with EDGE/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
• GSM/CDMA : GSM/WCDMA
• Size of the device :71mm*26mm*12.5mm
• Messaging Support : yes
• VID/PID : 12D1/140C
• MicroSD Support : Available (up to 32GB)
• Inbuilt antenna
• Compatible Operating Systems (OS) : windows 2000 SP4,windows XP SP2/SP3, windows vista SP1/SP2, windows 7 mac OSx10.4, 10.5 & 10.6 with latest upgrades
Airtel 3G data card E153 Specifications:
Model E153 also comes with high speed 2.0 USB but the speed offered is much lower than that of the previous model.
- Speed of the Device : HSDPA 3.6Mbps
- Network customized simlock to airtel network, plug n play
- Chipset : Qualcomm MSM6246
- also compatible with EDGE/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- GSM/CDMA : GSM/WCDMA
- Size of the device : 70mm*27mm*12mm
- Messaging Support : yes
- VID/PID 12D1/140C
- MicroSD support: Available up to 32GB
- Inbuilt antenna
- Compatible Operating System (OS) : windows 2000 SP4,windows XP SP2/SP3, windows vista SP1/SP2, windows 7 Mac OSx10.4, 10.5 & 10.6 with latest upgrades
- In order to get/buy or purchase a new data card you can visit the nearest airtel authorised outlet.
How to install Airtel Data card?
The procedure for installation of Airtel data card is easy since the device is plug and play.
1. Install the software CD (EDGE Card Installer )in your laptop or PC.
2. Insert the data card plugged with Airtel SIM in your PC or laptop.
Now your are ready to use Airtel data card.
Airtel 3G Data card Prepaid plans and Tariff for Chennai ,Tamilnadu:
The plans are common for all the states but the tariffs vary according to the places. The tariffs mentioned here are for the state of Tamilnadu.
Plan Name: Sachet Pack
Usage and validity
|10MB free usage with 1 day validity||-Rs.8|
|30 minutes free usage with 1 day validity||-Rs.45|
|80MB free usage with 3 days validity||-Rs.63|
Plan name:Standard Pack
|Usage and validity||Tariff price|
|200MB free with 30 days validity||-Rs.101|
|500MB free usage with 30 days validity||-Rs.201|
|1200MB free usage with 30 days validity||-Rs.451|
|4 GB free Usage with 30 days validity||-Rs.751|
Flexishield plan comes with 2.5 GB usage with 30 days validity at a price of Rs 675
Highvalue Plan the costliest one comes with 10 GB usage for 30 days at a price of Rs.1250
Airtel Data Card Post-paid plans and tariffs for Chennai , Tamilnadu
Plan name: Standard
Usage and Validity
Billshield Value and Tariff (Prices)
|200Mb free usage with 30 days validity||(Billshield value:750) , Rs 100|
|500MB free usage with30 days validity||(Billshield value:1000), Rs 200|
|1200MB free usage with 30 days validity||(Billshield value:1500), Rs 450|
|5GB free usage with 30 days validity||(Billshield value:4000), Rs 750|
Flexishield Plan costs about Rs 675 for 3.125 GB usage for 30 days.(Billshield Value : Rs 2000)
Highvalue Plan costs about Rs 1250 for 12.5GB usage for 30 days . (Billshield Value: Rs 5000)
To see more details on Tariffs and for prices for other cities see Airtel Data Card tariffs
If you need any support or have complaints related to Airtel 3G data card then you send mail to their email address: firstname.lastname@example.org